- 4 ½ cups organic chicken broth (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp good sea salt (like pink himalayan salt) and ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 lbs free range (if possible) or organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen organic corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Optional toppings: extra lime, avocado, cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, cheese or sour cream for serving!
- Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add chopped onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir. Allow to cook together until heated through.
- Top with avocado, an extra squeeze of lime juice and cilantro (or YOUR favorite toppings), serve and ENJOY!
Adapted from recipe source: cookingclassy.com