- 1 c quinoa
- 2 c water
- 2 cans hearts of palm, drained, rinsed and cut into 1/4 in slices
- 1/2 c diced red onion
- 1 large, ripe tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tsp sea salt
**If following the 10 day detox, omit tomato.**
In a medium pot, combine quinoa and water. Cover and bring to boil, then lower the heat and simmer the quinoa for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from heat and let it stand, covered for an extra 5 minutes. Remove the lid and let the quinoa cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, combine the hearts of palm, onion, tomato, olives, garlic, oregano, olive oil, vinegar and salt. When the quinoa is sufficiently cooled, stir it into the veggie mix and serve.
*Recipe from Clean Eats cookbook.